- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur white whole wheat flour, or all purpose white
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with Silpat mats and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add the agave, vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3 tbsp sugar with pumpkin pie spice, stirring with a whisk to combine. With wet hands (you can keep a cup of water close), shape dough into 42 (1-inch) balls. Roll balls in sugar/pumpkin pie spice mixture.
- Place balls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets and slightly flatten with a fork.
- Bake 375°F for 5-7 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!
Smartpoints: 3 blue purple and green.