- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips for the health benefits we use bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut milk canned – not the carton coconut milk…canned is best for this recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure butter optional coconut oil
- dash of kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract optional vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts diced – optional
- Add to heavy saucepan chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut sugar, butter or coconut oil, and salt, stir to combine. Turn to low heat and allow chocolate to completely melt, stir to prevent scorching.
- After chocolate has completely melted remove from heat, add peppermint and stir to combine. If using walnuts, add and stir.
- Allow to cool uncovered until fudge has reached room temperature.
- Lightly oil a 1 quart casserole dish. Pour fudge into dish, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Cut into 30 squares.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7