- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper freshly ground
- 1 inch ginger root fresh, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce divided, optional coconut aminos, tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together in a medium-sized bowl, half of the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, and the sweetener. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a skillet and heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic is golden and fragrant, but not burnt.
- Add the marinated chicken with any juices in the bowl and cook for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper strips, remaining soy sauce and vinegar, and black pepper and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until peppers have softened and chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon chicken over or alongside brown rice or quinoa.
Tip: To have chicken with a crisper texture, sear on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, without adding the extra marinade. Add the marinade to a small pot and cook down slightly until it thickens up a touch. You might try adding a little cornstarch for a thicker marinade. Then, add to the crusted chicken and other ingredients as stated in the directions.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4