- 25 ounces jarred marinara sauce no-sugar added
- 3 cups whole grain ziti shells uncooked, or penne
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1/4 inch half moons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- In a medium bowl combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and spices. Add one cup marinara to the bottom of the slow cooker. Combine (uncooked) pasta shells with remaining marinara. Layer pasta coated marinara, zucchini, and cheese mixture until all ingredients have been used. Cheese should be the last ingredient added.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours, or until pasta is al dente.
Serving: 0.75cup | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 376mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8